feburary 2015 | sleeping beauty

Posted on 2/24/2015

I had tried in January to do this hike- but Caleb and I couldn't get down the road, because of snow. So when Phoebe mentioned she had done it the week before, I was on a mission to do it, lucky me Elaine & Phoebe were up for it, and Phoebe drove us out there, luckily- it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere, I definitely would have missed the trail head sign!
It's not a long hike, we did it in about 2 and a half hours - but we spent a lot of time at the top, too. 
Earlier Phoebe had said Pete was DYING hiking this, and I had laughed at him. I regretted mocking him about 3 minutes in when I was IN MAJOR PAIN. There was not one flat part. NOT ONE. It actually is similar to Mitchell Point, except I had made a horrible mistake going to the gym for the first time in a few months 2 days before and I was still really sore. 
Elaine's face here is a reflection of mine. Those switch backs! So steep! 
Worth it.


^a rare Phoebe picture!





You could see all 4 mountains at the top: Hood, St. Helens, Rainer, & Adams.
The metal thing is part of an old fire tower -how amazing would that job have been?!
^ can you spy me being dangerous on the rocks at the top? Just kidding Mom, all very safe.
We hung around at the top awhile, because the day was so clear the views were just insane, and there were a lot of cool places to check out.



This MAY be my new favorite hike, I know I have said that a lot lately, but I mean it this time :)

Post a Comment