germany | black forest (part 1) December 2013

Posted on 12/30/2013

Black Forest: onetwo and three

Josh, Mom and I were all wanting to go to the Black Forest, so Mom found a tram that is apparently the longest single tram in Germany. WHY she both found and suggested this as a good idea is a mystery, because she is TERRIFIED of trams- totally logical since she has no problem whatsoever with ski lifts and trams and ski lifts are pretty much the exact same thing. Actually in my humble opinion I would say ski lifts are more scary since they have no sides and are usually not inclosed at all. But since I have a totally irrational fear of flying and small patterns, I guess there is no real logic to why we are afraid of things. 

So one train ride and a bus ride later, we took this tram to the top of a (small) mountain in the Black Forest. 



I wont name names, but one member of our party called this portion of our day the "ride of terror" the "tram of terror" and clutched the door handle for dear life. I don't have any pictures of this because I am a really good and kind daughter/ person.